Interested learning more now about data and data literacy?
- Find online resources with high quality data – check out the “Data” posts on our blog.
- Explore the Thursday Thoughts for ideas and questions about data literacy.
- Look through other ideas about data and data literacy on our blog.
Through our professional development offerings, current data resource projects, and our communicating science opportunities we seek to develop resources to build confidence and competence in the following areas:
- interpreting data around you
- analyzing data in your life
- understanding the relevance of data presented to you
- feeling confident to teach with a range of types of data
- using a variety of models in teaching and learning
- reading and understanding data visualizations
- making effective science visualizations
- developing a testable science question
- asking how the data and science relates to your life
- utilizing effective storytelling with data
Note – More information about these resources will be available as they are further developed and disseminated.
* We aim to provide support for your efforts in data literacy and science communication, let us know how we can reach you best be completing our Online Communication Survey.