We offer a range of core programs in teacher professional development…
- Data Literacy Series Workshops – A series of short workshops for middle and high school science educators that explores various tips and tricks of integrating data and science literacy into what you do.
- DataSci Journal Club – Learn with like-minded colleagues as we explore ways to increase your use of data in teaching. (Coming 2017)
- Learning through Data Offerings – We offer a range of 1-6 hour, individual to series, professional development offerings in your school district. Click here for further information of the offerings and pricing. (available annually Sept – June)
- DataSci Leaders – Hone your leadership skills as an expert educator supporting others as they increase their data literacy. (Coming summer 2018)
- Coding in Context Workshops – A dive deeper into how we can integrate coding into our STEM classrooms to use it as the tool that scientists and engineers do. We will explore RStudio to start. (Coming summer 2018)
- Data Days Institute – A summer institute for middle and high school science educators that dives into enhancing data and science literacy skills in the units you already teach, while helping you address NGSS. (Coming summer 2018)
In addition, we offer or co-facilitate professional development training as aspects of our projects with collaborators…
- Science Friday webinars – We ran a data literacy professional development opportunity for the Educator Collaborative teachers. (March 8, 2017, click here to learn more)
- Polar-ICE Science Investigation (Sci-I) Project Workshop – We co-coordinate the Sci-I Project in which science teachers and students in grades 6-9 increase their skills in designing and conducting science investigations as well as analyzing and interpreting data, in alignment with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) requirements, through the lens of polar science. (2015-2018)
- OOI Teaching with Data Workshops – We co-facilitate workshops around the interactive Data Explorations of Ocean Observatories Initiative data to augment Introductory Oceanography courses in college.
Note – More information about each program will be available as they are further developed and implemented.